Amalienborg Palace

Built from 1750 to 1760, the Amalienborg brings together four palaces flanking a square plaza. It is the official home to the Danish royal family and is actively guarded by Royal Danish Guards positioned around the four palaces. Out of the four, only Christian VII’s Palace and Christian VIII’s Palace are open to visitors, allowing them to walk in the footsteps of the royal guests. Thus, the access is open to the rooms where festivities once occurred as well as the private chambers of former kings and queens.